In order to make a change, I need to acknowledge how life is now….today….for real. I must not sugar coat it (too many calories), and I should paint as clear a picture as I can in order to successfully move into a healthier lifestyle.
I work. I am a mom. I run a house. I have pets. I have friends. I have family. I have pediatric cancer in my life.
Soooo…all these people and things pull at me in some way. True, they also give back in many ways, but each demand a great deal of time from me.
- Get up 5:30am, get ready, get boys ready and head to work – out the house by 7am
- Day at work with 20+ students
- Tues, Wed, Thurs, – posible after school meetings
- Monday – after school, at home with boys, guitar lesson for oldest, homework, dinner, get kids ready for bed, hubby home late
- Tuesday – after school either Gildas Club for sibling (Sib) of Cancer Kid (CK) or baseball, homework, dinner, kids to bed, grade papers, plan lessons
- Wednesday – usually after school meetings, baseball, homework, dinner, I try to go to a dance class – it’s been four weeks since I last went, School work as needed
- Thursday – 6am take CK to Clinic for chemo…get to work…after school Sib goes to therapy, homework, dinner kids to bed, school work as needed
- Friday – After school is dedicated to FAMILY NIGHT. Take out and a movie or games.
- Housework, laundry, organizing the devastation from the week
- Try to hang out with the boys individually in an activity not involving schoolwork
- Catching up with family and friends
- Shopping for food and essentials
- Catch up with any schoolwork needing to be completed
- Saturday – swimming lessons and baseball
- Sunday – baseball