Well, today is the day I take all my stats and see if all my lack of hard work has paid off. I have honestly wanted to do far more than I have actually achieved. Working and being a mother makes personal fitness hard to do…but I know it is not impossible. I just have to discover what works for me and my family situation.
I did not journal yesterday for two reasons: first of all it was party day…my son and 17 of his friends going crazy at a party place. Here I hit a BIG roadblock. We served pizza and cake at the party…I declined both very well. Once we returned to open gifts and relax before the scheduled Easter Egg Hunt (postponed due to rain), I tucked into half a Kashi pizza and a slice of that darn birthday cake!
The evening was family night which is take-out and a movie…willpower totally gone, I ate the whole order of spaghetti with marinara sauce and melted cheese AND another slice of that evil cake that just tasted soooo good! The image of me on stage in that ridiculous dress had vanished…I was exhausted, hungry and a little grumpy with myself…the result…gluttony!
So, without further ado, here are the stats:
I really can’t believe I have lost inches and pounds. I felt like my week was just too disrupted to really work. Analyzing these facts, however, I feel I need to take care not to pat myself on the back too quickly. Here’s why:
- My diet has not been as nutritious as I would like
- I am no firmer or toned than a week ago
- I still have no energy
- There really isn’t a routine established, just random snatches of exercise here and there with many more times I just make excuses not to do anything
- I think water weight might have been lost a little but no real impact on health has happened yet
- I need to seek advice from more experienced sources!
- Research more about healthy and QUICK food choices for myself which work for my family also
- Try to add my exercise time into the family schedule…just like the boys’ sports are
- Stop feeling guilty for leaving the boys so I can become a fitter, healthier and happier mommy!