Many people start the New Year with a plan to get fit, lose weight, stop (fill in your own word). I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, mainly because I believe that once made, they are easily broken, and then one feels like crap for being a failure! Ever the pessimist am I!
However, the past two and a half years have led me to devote ALL of me to my family and some! Read here to see why (but come straight back as this is not a sob story post). I need to remember that all the good things I do for my family, all the advice I give myself about keeping them healthy, needs to apply to ME too! Can you believe I actually don’t eat all the great organic foods my kids eat? Instead I down a quick bowl of cereal (ceramic of course), while feeling like I need to sleep for a year.
Well, that needs to change. I have reached the point that I cannot stand being so exhausted all the time. I have the will to do all sorts of things, my darn body just won’t let me!!!
So I am starting A Better Me. My own plan for myself….for me…just me….moi!
I will always hold true to my belief that a healthy mom leads to a happy family, I just forgot to do it…duh! So I am changing my ways. Hard to do when all I want to do is sleep…literally! (If you didn’t click on here, now is a good time so you don’t think I’m just plain nuts.) There are ways to approach this change which may be successful, or not!. So I am going to map out small steps to achieve my goal: A Better Me
1. Find a way to drag my butt out to a class of some kind…one that I will enjoy and keep doing.
2. Resume home-cooked meals at night rather than ordering in, cereal or quick-cook pizza
3. Actually take the vitamins I have in the cupboard!
4. Begin a schedule for keeping on top of the housework – one that is realistic and includes help from the whole family
5. Drink more water – five 8oz glasses. (And while I’m at it, water the plants that I KNOW are improving the air quality in my house)
6. GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE TIME EVERY NIGHT!!! (New Year’s Eve will be an exception)
Okay, so I have six manageable steps for me. I will add more as I master these. Some will take practice…making a habit out of them rather than a chore. Some I do already for my boys, so I just need to add me into the mix!
What are you doing to become a Better Me? Let me know. Also feel free to add some suggestions to help me achieve my goal… I’m gonna need some help.