It is time to check in with myself to see how i am doing with my project, A Better Me. The goals I set were doable:
1. Find a way to drag my butt out to a class of some kind…one that I will enjoy and keep doing.
2. Resume home-cooked meals at night rather than ordering in, cereal or quick-cook pizza
3. Actually take the vitamins I have in the cupboard!
4. Begin a schedule for keeping on top of the housework – one that is realistic and includes help from the whole family
5. Drink more water – five 8oz glasses. (And while I’m at it, water the plants that I KNOW are improving the air quality in my house)
6. GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE TIME EVERY NIGHT!!!
I am saddened to say I have not been on track at all lately. The family has an increasingly busy schedule as Button needs extra Physical Therapy, Hubby needs Physical Therapy, and both boys are happily getting into swimming. Baseball starts soon, and work is finding new ways to torture us with extra meetings. So, because I am shamelessly hiding behind my schedule as an excuse, I have not managed more than one home-cooked family dinner each week, the dance classes have become a distant memory and I lost the address of the gym (even though it is where my kids swim). I am a shriveled prune due to only drinking enough water on days that don’t end in “y” and sleep is limited because what little time I finally get to myself, is later than my target bedtime.
I call it a slight glitch in the plan. After all, I have been busy making the most out of my huge jar of coconut oil. I have made also discovered a new dish that my kids will eat and plan to make it as a family breakfast regularly. I have also spent hours working out how to get this blog up and running. I’ve been busy!
I should add, however, that although my own eating habits have been far from admirable, my kids still eat healthy food. I will make a plate of chicken, broccoli, carrots, rice and fruit for their dinner, but be too busy to sit with them so I grab cereal latter on in the evening or order in. That is so ridiculous…it seems even worse now I see it in writing!
But…or should I say, butt…things have to get back on track. I feel very unfit and that is not good for mind or body. My clothes are too tight and my wallet is not generous enough to buy more clothes. I need to motivate myself to pamper me. Yes, that includes manicures and nights out with the girls, but also some time to dance, exercise with Peanut, and drag myself to bed before midnight. So I have to sign off and do just that! Blogging has to be scheduled too.