I got in the mood for some salmon tonight. I am not a big fish eater, despite knowing how wonderful it is, being packed with those wonderful Omega 3’s and all! Anyway, tonight became salmon night and I decided to create my own sauce to spruce it up. I never know what is going to happen when I do this…what an adventure!
2 Salmon fillets
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp honey (I use the organic raw and unprocessed kind which is harder but will mix well with effort)
1 tsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp crushed rosemary
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper
Organic whole-wheat pasta (spaghetti tonight_
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1 Kombu leaf (dried seaweed)
Pre-heat oven to 450° and pour a glass of wine.
1. Finely chop rosemary and mix with honey, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Mix well!
2. Coat the salmon with the sauce and wrap in aluminum foil.
3. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, chop and wash the broccoli
5. Bring water to boil for the pasta adding the Kombu and coconut oil. Once water is boiling add the pasta and simmer – remove from heat and strain after 7 minutes – add more coconut oil if desired (I use this instead of butter
6. Steam broccoli for about 5 minutes – until al dente – I serve mixed with the pasta – yummy!
Serve with a side-salad.
I was very impressed, even if I say so myself! I poured the juice all over the pasta and broccoli and popped the salmon on top with the chunky bits of sesame seeds, rosemary, and the thicker, honey part of the sauce on top. One change I might make would be to grill the salmon a little to brown the top before serving.